This morning I was awoken very abruptly. Honestly I know that God was watching over our family. At about 1:15am I woke and yelled at Russell, “There is a fire in the house!”
We both immediately jumped out of bed and ran into the smoke filled hallway on our second floor. Once we made it down to the main level the smoke was heavy.
The odd thing was that the smoke alarms did not go off. They work. They have fresh batteries. They just went off a couple of days ago when Hailey forgot to turn the exhaust on over the griddle.
The smoke detectors didn’t go off on the second floor either. It was very strange.
When we finally got through all the smoke and didn’t see any noticeable flames, we worked our way over to the electric stove. I hate this stove. The knobs are on the front and it doesn’t take much to bump it on.
These are photos after it was discovered. We removed the knobs. This stove top doesn’t get used often because I also have a gas stove which I do most of my cooking on. Because it doesn’t get used a lot, everyone tends to use it as a countertop.
Last night someone put a pizza box on it and a Nintendo DS.
It was a slow smoldering that took place. The pizza box was burned and the DS melted! Aubrey is going to be in tears when she finds out. It was her Christmas present.
Praising God that it was a slow burn instead of a flame. The house could have quickly gone up in flames last night. God was watching over us! Praise be to Him for shaking me out of a deep sleep and watching over our family. I’m still wondering why none of our smoke alarms went off????? We tested them afterwards and they all worked?!